It’s crazy to think that Thanksgiving is upon us. I feel like just yesterday we were ringing in the new year. Thanksgiving dinner is one of my favorite meals to cook each year. It’s like the “big game” for home cooks nationwide. I always make way too much food so we can enjoy a wide variety of leftovers for a few days after our dinner – from turkey pot pie to turkey soup! If I have leftovers, you better believe I’ll be transforming them into something delicious.
My family sometimes jokes that I’m the queen of transforming leftover food into something totally different, and this flatbread is just one of those examples.
My recipe for Turkey & Cranberry Flatbread is the perfect way to use up the last of the turkey and cranberry sauce. A store-bought flatbread, which can be found in the deli section at Publix, gets slathered with a soft spreadable cheese, like Boursin. Then, a generous amount of cranberry sauce is smeared on top, followed by mozzarella cheese and diced turkey breast. In the oven it goes for just a few minutes, and voilà! An easy lunch, dinner or appetizer is ready. Best of all, most people won’t realize they are even eating leftovers!
If you are like me and love to cook for Thanksgiving or if you find yourself with one too many leftovers, I hope you will give this easy flatbread recipe a try. Bonus points if you can share it with family!
Turkey & Cranberry Flatbread
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 flatout flatbread
- 3 tablespoons Boursin garlic and fine herb cheese
- 3 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- ½-cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices turkey breast, thinly sliced
- Parsley and black pepper for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pre-bake the flatbread for 2 minutes.
- Smear Boursin cheese on top of the flatbread, followed by the cranberry sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and arrange the sliced turkey breast. Sprinkle with parsley and black pepper.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is golden brown.
- Slice into 4 pieces and enjoy immediately.
Don’t worry if you only have canned cranberry sauce leftover. You can still smear it on like jelly if it’s the congealed style. You just might need to let the cranberry sauce sit out for a few minutes until it gets to room temperature.