Nonahood News is looking for a qualified intern to join our team! We produce a monthly printed newspaper that is delivered to every home and business in Lake Nona.
Are you obsessed with finding and sharing stories online? Do your friends look to you on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest trends, ideas, and online memes? Nonahood News is based in Lake Nona and is the premier source for online and offline news content. We are looking to transform how Lake Nona discovers and promotes news.
Nonahood News has a fast paced work environment and we seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren’t afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern you will get to work directly with our founders, while working on real projects that will help us grow.
Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and can’t leave without making a few friends. Someone who is obsessed with social media and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
Reports to: Publisher and Marketing Director
What You Will Learn:
- How to create a long term social media plan and marketing calendar
- How to draft content for blog articles, website and social media channels
- How to draft weekly email newsletters
- Relationship building with our online and offline communities by maintaining social media accounts and attending Lake Nona community events
- How to track social media analytics, report results, and bring new ideas to our marketing team
- Create compelling content that will be shared by influencers.
- How to coordinate and co-author feature articles such as the Nonahood Interview and The Artist
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects
What We Require:
- Background in Marketing, Communications, English or Journalism. Ideal candidate will be in process of obtaining Bachelor’s Degree in those fields.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented, as well as communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ideal candidate will have experience using WordPress, Mailchimp and social media channels as well as some familiarity with graphics programs including Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Creative, graphic design experience is helpful
- Ability to adapt to other applications and interfaces
- Provide own transportation
- Preferably live in the Lake Nona area
- The position begins June 14th and ends August 11th. You are expected to work 15 hours a week and will be paid $10 per hour. The ideal days would be Tuesday and Thursday in the office.
- Submit the following documents by email to Lindsay Diven (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the subject line write “Application for Marketing Intern.”
- Include a resume, cover letter, contact information and 1-3 writing samples
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.