Join us for a Lake Nona-wide Earth Day Community Clean Up on Saturday, April 23 from 9:00 a.m to 11:00 a.m.
Each neighbor throughout Lake Nona is asked to join us to celebrate Earth Day by picking up liter in your neighborhood. You can volunteer to help pick up or as a Neighborhood Captain.
Neighborhood Captain Volunteers will be asked to:
- Advertise/communicate the event through your neighborhood’s channels (Facebook Groups, email, HOA, etc.)
- Attend a pre-clean up meeting to accept the supplies
- Designate a meeting spot for all volunteers to meet the morning of the event
- Break volunteers into groups, assign areas, and distribute supplies the morning of the event
- Identify areas or sections of your neighborhood to send volunteer groups
- Send them off to clean up
- Take lots of pictures and encourage the volunteers as they are picking up
- Greet them when they return
- Distribute water
- Sign any volunteer forms for students participating in the clean-up
If you are interested in serving as a Neighborhood Captain, please indicate using the form below.
We are looking for sponsors to donate trash bags, gloves, and water. If you are interested in donating, please complete the form below and we will be in touch with you.